Sat 15.10. and Sun 16.10. 2022 from 10 am to 4 pm
In Finnish, English guidance is possible
Wheel throwing is a fun way to give shapes; one circular motion defines the object's shape. Techique is well adjusted for making bowls and mugs.
This course is for rookies but welcomes everyone who wants a recap. Prior experience in clay work is not required. We will study the basics of wheel throwing and turning. Eachs student is given their designated electric wheel. The course fee includes all materials, firing, teaching (in Finnish, ask if English guidance is possible), glazing, coffee/tea and vat 24%. Take your own lunch with you.
- Finished course work is collectible after 2 weeks
- Please collect your work in 4 weeks
- Watch out for long nails - they'll make your working difficult
- 9 participants
- Teacher: ceramist Tiia Matikainen
- Please come in 15 mins prior if you have an unpaid course fee or you’re paying with Virike card, E-passi of gift card
- Corona info: We follow current mask recommendations. If in risk group, please use consideration on attending. For your safety, we have safe distances, restricted participant numbers and intensified cleaning. Please remember to wash your hands upon entering, use your sleeve when coughing/sneezing and only come if you’re symptomless. Let’s keep ourselves healthy!