Sat 4.5. and Sun 5.5.2024 from 10 am. to 3 pm.
In Finnish, English guidance is possible
Wheel throwing is a fun way to give shapes; one circular motion defines the object's shape. Techique is well adjusted for making bowls and mugs.
This course is for rookies but welcomes everyone who wants a recap. Prior experience in clay work is not required. We will study the basics of wheel throwing and turning. Eachs student is given their designated electric wheel. The course fee includes all materials, firing, teaching (in Finnish, ask if English guidance is possible), glazing, coffee/tea and vat 24%. Take your own lunch with you.
- Finished course work is collectible after 2 weeks
- Please collect your work in 4 weeks
- Watch out for long nails - they'll make your working difficult
- 9 participants
- Teacher: ceramist Elina Sallinen
- Please come in 15 mins prior if you have an unpaid course fee or you’re paying with Virike card, E-passi of gift card
Course registration is binding.The course can be canceled free of charge 14 days prior the course. Cancellations made after this are charged half (50%) of the course price (also sick cases). If the course is canceled less than 24 hours before the start of the course or if it is not canceled at all, we charge the full price of the course fee. You can also transfer your course place to a friend, if you are prevented from participating to the course.
Please do not participate to the course if you are feeling sick!